When it comes to your body, you probably spend more time thinking about your hair than your hormones. For some people, though, a problem with a hormone called insulin causes a health condition called type 2 diabetes (pronounced: dye-uh-BEE-tees).
What Is Diabetes?
Diabetes is a disease that affects how the body uses glucose (pronounced: GLOO-kose), a sugar that is the body''s how it should work:
- You eat.
- Glucose from the food gets into your bloodstream.
- Your pancreas makes a hormone called insulin (pronounced: IN-suh-lin).
- Insulin helps the glucose get into the body''t make insulin or the insulin doesn''t get into the cells normally, so the blood sugar level gets too high. Lots of sugar in the blood makes people sick if they don''t make insulin. The body can still get glucose from food, but the glucose can''s needed, and glucose stays in the blood. This makes the blood sugar level very high.
With type 2 diabetes, the body still makes insulin. But a person with type 2 diabetes doesn''t enter the cells in this way, doctors call it insulin resistance. Although there''s body, because it doesn''s blood sugar levels are repeatedly high, it''t always obvious and they can take a long time to develop. Some people don''t use sugar for energy properly
reverses diabetes type 2 fruit (⭐️ pathophysiology) | reverses diabetes type 2 weight gainhow to reverses diabetes type 2 for Also, people whose bodies are having problems using insulin or who are overweight may notice something called acanthosis nigricans. This can cause a dark ring around the neck that doesn''t have any symptoms of type 2 diabetes, doctors may order blood tests to check for it if the person has certain risk factors (for instance, being overweight).
Some kids and teens for 1 last update 04 Jul 2020 with diabetes may go to a pediatric endocrinologist — a doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating children and teens living with diseases of the endocrine system, such as diabetes and growth problems.Some kids and teens with diabetes may go to a pediatric endocrinologist — a doctor who specializes in diagnosing and treating children and teens living with diseases of the endocrine system, such as diabetes and growth problems.
reverses diabetes type 2 insulin (☑ naturally with diet) | reverses diabetes type 2 josh axehow to reverses diabetes type 2 for How Is Type 2 Diabetes Treated?
People with type 2 diabetes have to pay a little more attention to what they''t have diabetes. They may need to:
- Eat a healthy diet, as determined by the care team.
- Get regular physical activity to achieve a healthy weight and allow insulin to work more effectively.
- Check their blood sugar levels on a regular basis.
- Get treatment for other health problems that can happen more often in people with type 2 diabetes, like high blood pressure or problems with the levels of fats in their blood.
- Have regular checkups with doctors and other people on their diabetes health care team so they can stay healthy and get treatment for any diabetes problems.
People with type 2 diabetes might have to eat smaller food portions and less salt or fat, too. Those who eat healthy foods, stay active, and get to a healthy weight may bring their blood sugar levels into a healthier range. Their doctors may even say they don''s it Like for Teens With Type 2 Diabetes?
Sometimes people who have diabetes feel different from their friends because they need to think about how they eat and how to control their blood sugar levels every day.
Some teens with diabetes want to the 1 last update 04 Jul 2020 deny that they even have it. They might hope that if they ignore diabetes, it will just go away. They may feel angry, depressed, or helpless, or think that their parents are constantly worrying about their diabetes management.Some teens with diabetes want to deny that they even have it. They might hope that if they ignore diabetes, it will just go away. They may feel angry, depressed, or helpless, or think that their parents are constantly worrying about their diabetes management.
If you''s normal to feel like your world has been turned upside down. Your diabetes care team is there to provide answers and support. Don''s Important